Biometric screening is sometimes called "preventive health screening." It's an essential part of Central Primary Care's focus on disease prevention and wellness. Biometric screening doesn’t involve diagnosis. It only identifies and evaluates you for possible health risks, and lets you track changes in your vital statistics from year to year.
Specifically, biometric screening can make you aware of potential health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure (hypertension), and heart disease, long before symptoms appear and at a time when proactive treatment may help prevent the condition from progressing into a serious and chronic health problem.
A biometric screening usually only takes 15 to 20 minutes, and typically includes the following assessments, measurements, and tests:
* Height and weight — to calculate your body mass index (BMI), an estimate of your percentage of body fat and marker for obesity
* Waist circumference — an indicator of your risk for diabetes
* Fasting glucose levels — a blood test that is an indicator of your risk for diabetes
* Blood lipids — a blood test that measures HDL and LDL cholesterol levels and triglycerides, to evaluate your risk for cardiovascular disease
* Blood pressure — to calculate your cardiovascular disease risk
* Assessment — A review of your lifestyle behaviors, fitness, nutrition, and overall health status.
If you're a patient, annual biometric screening can help with early detection of health conditions before full disease develops, when they're treatable! Regular biometric screening may also make you eligible for discounts on your health insurance premiums.
Call us at 773-205-0800 to schedule your biometric screening with Central Primary Care.
WORKFORCE BIOMETRIC SCREENING
For employers, making biometric screenings available to your employees has several key benefits. You may be able to reduce your company’s overall spending on healthcare over time. You will also be able to help employees proactively identify their health risks, leading to earlier treatment. This translates to a healthier, a more productive and engaged workforce, and less employee downtime and sick days.
If you have any questions about workforce biometric screenings, please call us at 773-205-0800, or fill out the contact form below, and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.